View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I finally drove my Cobra up to 100 km/h but didn't go anywhere. I had to certify my emissions test on the dyno. I was using the cats of the donor vehicle but they didn't get the level below 14%. He suggested a pair of FG turbo cats. The exhaust shop has sourced a second hand one. I rang Ford to check the price of a new one, and I fell over. $3470. AAArgh. I am running LPG because I didn't want fuel injection, then he tells me with a decent cat I could be running a carby. So does that mean emission from a one of vehicle is still less strict then a mass manufactured car? Has anyone got a Cobra passed with a carby in Australia?
JD
Cats can be finicky on doing their job. My factory cats failed the e-test and the car was only 4 years old, it was the 1st DMV requested emissions test. The tech doing the test had the foresight to not do the "run for the record" check and said you're not passing, you need to go somewhere and get your motor/pipes HOT then bring it back. So I did, went around the corner and let the motor run at 3500 RPM in neutral for about 10 minutes. Brought it back and passed no problem. The point being make sure your headers and pipes are hot as hell with minimum sit time before they run the test.