View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 05:00 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Apologies for getting the discussion back on topic but I recently sold a 991 GT3RS for a Superformance GT40. I'd only had it for 2 days before an electrical fault stopped it running so not sure I should comment on the GT40 yet as I've barely driven it. My initial comment, apart from the obvious reliability issues, would be that if the GT3 RS is a 7 on the intensity of experience scale the GT40 would be somewhere around 25 to 40. It is just completely on another planet in terms of noise, intimidation, physical input required and sheer intensity. I don't find it uncomfortable but it's not easy to drive. It is a challenge. Which the GT3 was not for me. Most good drivers could quite easily drive a GT3 at 90% of its capability very quickly. I'm not planing on trying that in the GT40 anytime soon.

I'm not interested in comparing performance as I don't care about it. For me these cars are a source of entertainment and my initial impression is the GT40 is an outrageously fast and vividly intense machine that when you are in the mood will blow you away. The GT3RS was also outrageously fast but made it too easy, quiet and comfortable for me.

If I had to drive it regularly though I may think twice about the GT40 for various practical reasons.