View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 05:49 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC View Post
How do we get this fixed so the shifts are not so notchy and butter smooth like a typical production car?

Also, is anyone's clutch feel like you're pushing a sled fulla old train parts through sand? My god, is it HEAVY...so much so, it hurts my foot to drive it with sandals on if I have to hold the clutch in. I have a clutch that holds 1,000hp in another car, and its half the effort of this one.
MJC, sounds like you have a mismatch between your master and slave cylinder sizes. If you are using an external slave what is it's bore size? What is the M/C size? They should be roughly the same.

As an aside for others with BDR clutch problems: After multiple M/C and slave changes (and trying to bleed them) I completely bypassed the BDR hard line and, like one other on this thread, used #3AN line. This did 2 things for me; #1, allowed me to reroute the fluid path and #2 allowed me to completely bleed the system out of the car on my bench so that when I installed it (dropped right down through the top) all I had to do was install and adjust it. No bleeding once it was in the car.