View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Been a while since last update, but there has been a bit going on.
Some boring retail work in amongst it (gotta fund the toys somehow) and been buying investment properties.
But the time has come and its upgrade time for RedCentre Nats.
First up, I finally found a set of the mags I lusted for on Mildred, and the fronts arrived yesterday and went straight to the painter.
He is colour matching and painting the centres, advised they will be ready today.
These are called Hayashi Yayoi (Sakura-CheeryBlossum), very retro and production ceased in early/mid 80's.
I had been hounding the manufacturer to remake me a set, and sadly after I had bought the ones I have, they contacted me and advised they have had enough customers ask and are doing a production run of 100 at 10k yen per inch.
These are mine being delivered to painter yesterday.

This is what both the rear (14x7) look like on Mildred.

The offset on the rims meant if I left everything as it was, I would require stretched rubber (a look I really don't like).

So I made the decision to shorten the diff by 32mm each side.
This is what they look like in shortened housing.

I have had the axles shortened and they are on there way to me now from Adelaide.
I also sourced 4 of the sport model alloy drums (I do have a Celica front disk conversion but reckon the alloy drums look more period correct).

I have also been fitting leather covers to the seats that my trimmer in Sydney stitched for me.

I have also had a mate ask me to do an engine swap/conversion on his grandfathers Valiant.
So we found him a suitable donor (so we got all bits needed) and I pulled that apart last weekend.

I am keeping a few bits for myself, these tail lights will end up on my Charger project.

I also found a suitable donor for the skid Corona I am building.
So I have removed the drivetrain and wiring, I will also be cutting the floor and firewall out for just in case before I send it to heaven.

That just about brings us up to speed.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.