View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX 4145, aluminum body and Shelby aluminum FE stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
I have taken my Ford GT, Cobra and Porsche to several different venues (separately) and you are correct. Younger people are interested in the GT3 because it is a current car that they actually know something about. They have a passing interest in the Ford GT because they do not see them very often and most like the aesthetics. They will walk right by my Cobra unless they hear it running which sometimes changes their opinion. Some are fascinated when they hear that it is an original car because they have never seen anything other than a replica. With older folks it is just the opposite they love the Cobra, like the GT and could care less for the GT3.
I really like the looks of a GT40 but I too am an old fart. I have always been able to overlook physical discomfort for performance but would never do that
just to impress someone else especially if the performance was sub par compared to other vehicles. I have never been a Porsche admirer or fan up till now, but that 991 GT3 does everything so damn well I am amazed. Talk about mechanical perfection, those 9000 rpm shifts are really fun to hear. When I take the Cobra out to run it I have to wear old clothes because I know I am going to be working on something. All I do with the Porsche is add fuel, it is just well engineered and reliable.
I hate to admit it but think the young people have it right, the new stuff is way better.

PS The Cobra is still faster than the GT3, but lots of drama involved.
The Ford GT is also faster on a race course but can't handle more than a few race laps before IAT calls for limp home mode.
The GT3 just keeps on going till you get tired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11WFjaju59k

This video shows how long you can run hard before intake air gets so hot that it goes into limp home mode.

Nice driving. What are you using for the intake setup for your Whipple? The GT Guys cold air kit? Something else custom? Or just the factory airbox?