View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
Hmm, opening another cans of worms, but here it t goes... Does a Roush fitted BDR (or other Cobra) drive down a the resale price? I'm a firm believer the value of the item is only as good as current market price, and nothing more. Either there are more emotional buyers keeping the price up or is the Roush name hold a constant resale value???

Just thinking out like loud and open to thoughtful feedback. Subject parameters might be too broad for a solid answer. Thanks for the info👍
Resale is valid question. Does a Roush engine drive down the resale price? To me, and others here, probably, yes, I'd have less faith in a Roush engine and thus might look elsewhere. But if you can independently evaluate the engine, make sure it's not leaking, leakdown and compression tests are very good and there are no problems, and you like everything else about the BDR, then buy it. You may have found one of their good engines.

I agree with Fordracing65, I would have even less faith in their FE lineup than the 427W lineup of engines.