View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 08:45 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default unfinished CR kit

About 6 months ago I purchased a Cobra kit car without knowing who manufactured it. looking at pictures on the club site I am pretty sure it is a Classic Roadster. I do not know the age but it is important to substantiate its manufacturer as I intend on going the SB100 path as a 1965. I purchased the body and a home made chassis which I was told followed factory specs, kind of a poor job, am not sure if I will fix this one or build a new one. The most identifying differences with this car are the door opening which goes almost to the floor and the totally integrated fender wells, floor and trunk, of course the 92 inch wheel base. I have never even sat in a Cobra except when a friend let me drive his around the block, that was in 1968.
The build manual would be invaluable as I have purchased several books which are all helpful but not specific to this car.
I have done several ground up restorations, but this one will be a family driver, the others turned out to be too valuable, my son is deep into the cars and we enjoy working together on the projects.
Thank you and I hope I have described the car so that you think I have a CR.
Dirt