View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk View Post
Yes. See although Ive been welding since I was 5, 45 now, I still just play one on TV. I do have a speed shop that has a TIG&MIG they said I could use or pay them to do. Probably will do the latter.

If I'm hearing you wrong my appologies but what if I juat replaced the whole set for something like this except the Wilwood brake set up that I already have in place?

Plus does it look like coil over QA1 will simply bolt on at the back of 8.8 rear or do you think there will be clearance issues?

Thanks!
Redhawk,

Yes, the Heidt's stuff is great. Keep in mind, you wont be using their crossmember kit as the stock CR has the crossmember already.

Also, Heidt's has various levels of A Arms, disc brake options, etc. I'm going tubular upper and lower with QA1 shocks.

On the back 8.8 I originally installed the 4 link, anti sway bar, AND the horizontal "anti wheel hop" shock absorbers. I'm going to chat with DV and also Heidt's soon and discuss best options for rear upgrades as I also want to convert to Willwood 11" discs in the rear (with E-Brake Option) and 4 Link upgrades to tubular adjustable.