Old 08-02-2016, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgray1 View Post
Redhawk,

Yes, the Heidt's stuff is great. Keep in mind, you wont be using their crossmember kit as the stock CR has the crossmember already.

Also, Heidt's has various levels of A Arms, disc brake options, etc. I'm going tubular upper and lower with QA1 shocks.

On the back 8.8 I originally installed the 4 link, anti sway bar, AND the horizontal "anti wheel hop" shock absorbers. I'm going to chat with DV and also Heidt's soon and discuss best options for rear upgrades as I also want to convert to Willwood 11" discs in the rear (with E-Brake Option) and 4 Link upgrades to tubular adjustable.
Please let me know what you find out. Itching to place an order asap. I talked to Heidts today and honeslty a little disapointed with the advise. Although I'm no fnewgi I felt like I was dictating the conversation. Felt they(she) would have know a little more about what I should purchase. I left it with" I'll get back to you." To be fair I did come away with having to check measurements from outside hub to outside hub along with current OEM upper Arm measurement from ball joint to center of where A arm attaxhes to cross member. I figured that OEM specs on that would be standard.

Also I did measure on the back axle for the current shock clearance was 12 7/8 from center of lower bolt attachment to upper bolt attachment. Picture above. The width was about 2 1/2 ". Doubt without a newly welded bracket that any coil over would simply bolt up here.