View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Holy Smokes I can't believe a bunch of posts on this thread got erased. Multiply that by everyone else equals =Sucks a Big One. It looks like they rolled back to last backup.

I went to my clipboard file and low and behold I still had my last post, lol! Lets try this again. Someone needs to step up here. Looks like broken strings in db. Hell I dont know.
------------------
Alright so some progress reports and pics.

Brakes are sweet!
You can see the difference between the little iddy biddy wilwood calipers I had and the new ones going on.

One of the pics show where the two brackets will be welded for lower A-arms support

Taking DV's advise and ditching front sway bar. Looking into sleedway to fabricate a more suitable one. 7/8?

While in there I found a whole bunch of assembly errors which are too many to mention, but figured I'd mention a couple below.

A completely mismatched carb at 850 cfm. What??? Went with double pumper holly 570 cfm for 351w. On the phone with Holly tech we calculated size based on zip code, my stunning good looks, cat rangling skills and my
ability to talk my way out of 3 tickets when going over 100mph(dont belive me ask my wife). I live in Colorado so altitude was a factor. My car was drowning in gas.

Relocating fuel filter to gas tank which should help with vapor lock.

Relocated coil to front of block where factory typicaly mounts them. It was dangling on the inner fender area.

Remounted alternator. It was crunching coolant house so probably chocking off coolant.

Resealed gas filler cap.

All new fuel houses. Resucured loose wiring.

New Oil PCV to flow back via braided lines to engine and not spray all over the place like a sh&t faced frat boy on Saturday night.

Since the calipers were a close fit in the back wheel we grinded them to fit perfectly. Sending back to powder coater to make it look like nothing ever happened (Plug for Allstate) They do this with the Porsche race cars when calipres are tight.

Hope this post stays put.
Attached Images