View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Neutral     

Update:

Below are pictures of recent progress.
  • Front brake calipers are tight fit, but expected that so we're grinding down calipers as we did to the rear ones for proper fitment.
  • Another pic shows rear brakes, shock and spring setup. The one pic shows adjustment dials facing wrong way the other showing the addition of the spring was the correct position.
  • Also we have decided to go another route for securing the front lower A-arms. We're going to fab up an angle bracket instead which we believe will be simpler in design and stronger. I'll post once I get it done.
  • Lol, so since I have put some respectable brakes on this car I went through everything related and found that whom ever assembled this vehicle just did it for looks and not function, so we're venting the brakes from the front fake vents.Not sure why this wasn't done since its very simple to do.
  • I also order new headers since the current one's were shot. Going to wrap them in that titanium DEI.
  • New 7/8 sway bar has been ordered too.
  • Moving rear door latch to make room for larger tires. Also installing a new bump stop that we can shave for proper fit. Also once we removed the rear Monroe shocks on the back one of them was completely shot. Probably one of the reasons the ride was so bad, you think!
[list]
Lastly while installing rear brakes I had decided to inspect the rear end and although the gears looked in perfect condition I decided to see what the ratio was. 411?! Does this make any sense? This isn't my area of expertise, but doesn't this seem pretty high? I guess it does help with the kick in the pants acceleration, but wondered if anyone had a better recommendation.
Attached Images

Last edited by RedHawk; 08-22-2016 at 06:07 PM..