View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Smile

Mooreken,

Thanks for the note, I did read through QA1 Spring rate selection instructions on their website, also printed a fair amount of their catalog that was pertinent to my rebuild.

At this point I'm planning on going with QA1 MD302-08375 kits up front, these are 375 lb springs. Not yet sure what to do in the rear as the stock 1989 Mustang 4 link setup has the shocks at a slight angle (probably 5-8 degrees) and probably want a soft to midfirm ride. QA1 rear setup for 1989 Mustang is RCK52343 (soft) but these are for a metal bodied 1989 Mustang and probably way to firm for the light rear end of the CR1. Also, the 1989 Mustang shock is shorter than the factory Monroe shock called for in the original build (#Old Monroe #5876 or 32077 New Number). these were 11" compressed and 17.250 extended) A friend of mine works for Tenneco and I called their engineering group directly. I'm speaking with QA1 directly this afternoon, probably with a beer in my hand to place my order of a couple of grand just to swallow the pain in my wallet.

Thanks for the advice, I'm just trying to determine what works for others with CRs to avoid doing things a second time after my rebuild as I'm getting to old to do this again. I figure if this rebuild is completed next summer /early fall(can't work on it over the winter due to my wife and I being in Florida and the car is in my Cleveland Area northern home)if it lasts as long as the original build, I'll be pushing 90 and won't be planning a 3rd rebuild.