Old 08-24-2016, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgray1 View Post
Redhawk,

Progress looks great. I really like the red A-Arms, should look great when you get it completed.

Couple of questions:

Rear Set-Up:
Which rear springs are you using? Did you need to cut these down at all?

I noticed you went with the QA1 Double adjustable Shock units? I was thinking single adjustable. I'm not sure if I'll ever spend that much time tuning my suspension with over 300 different setting combinations. Do you feel the Double Adjustable are worth the extra $100 per corner?

I'm still contemplating converting to QA1 coil-overs in the rear using original shock position, just welding on upper and lower eyelet plates so the coilovers will clear the upper frame and lower axle tube.

Did you need to pick up a new E-Brake cable (Wilwood PN 330-9371)? I don't know if our stock Ford cable will work with the Wilwood E Brake setup.

Thanks for the pics, I'd really like to see the final bracket setup used for the new front lower A-Arms when you get them welded in.

I have all my Heidts A-Arms sitting in my garage ready to go out for PowderCoating. Just wondering if I should return the lower strut arm set-up and go to full lower A-Arms.
Youve got the right Wilwood part number. pretty sweet setup

Springs at back are 8" 375lbs.