CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgray1 View Post
Redhawk,

Thanks for the update.

On the rear, I was thinking of just adding QA1 coil over spring setup, removing factory "Chevette" springs and adjuster plates but keeping the 4 Link and converting to new Upper and lower QA1 link arms. Their upper arms allow pinion angle adjustment and their lower arms are boxed and far beefier than the stock ford units but still have provisions for mounting the rear Sway Bar.

Keep the pics coming, your input has been invaluable in helping me determine how far I'm going to go with my rebuild.

Can you please let me know what you ordered for the front swaybar and how it works out and mounts?

I may even start a new thread "Rebirth of a Classic Roadster 1", as I've spent the last few days finalizing removal of the body, building a roller buck to hold the body properly so it doesn't sag during the rebuild, and most of my time just pressure washing and degreasing 26 years and 28,000 miles of road grime and grease from the chassis and body underside.
Okay so sway bar is actually 1" after some research we feel that the dimension is best for my setup. What we're doing is fabing a 3 position bracket and use heim joints that will accept sway bar and allow for quicker adjustment while on the car. This way I can dial in performance and not be stuck with choosing wrong size.

The sway bar will also have one arm or bend and not 3 on each side currently. With one bend I can manipulate sway bar with less force which is why I didnt want to go to small.