View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 427 View Post
I noticed the rear passenger side is about an inch higher than the driver side.
I tried adjusting the washer nut over the springs. No help.Bought new shocks......didnt help!!!! I gone back and forth jacking the car up, taking wheels off, making adjustments, putting wheels back on , driving the car to make everything settle,same ****tin results. I'm through dicking with this. Does anybody have suggestions or know where I can get my suspension checked and a 4 wheel alignment in the DFW area? Dang, this is frustrating.

Vance
(I,m not a fat ass so we can take that out of the equation)
Changing shocks and swaybars will not change the ride height unless they are air shocks. You have to turn the rear jacking screw a LOT to correct a 1" difference.

Your rake should be set to 0.5".. set front height to where you want it and then. Measure from frame rails near the front of the exhaust and again at the rear where the exhaust ends. Make the rear 0.5" taller than the front. Do this prior to bringing to Texas Track Works. They will then set your corner weights and align your car. The 0.5" measurement is crucial to keeping the rear end from wanting to pass the front end.

Kevin