Thread: Goodbye Kansas
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

We spent all spring and half the summer working on squaring the suspension. A very tedious process.

We are only able to get 89 7/8" inch wheel base.

The rear cradle assembly is square within 1/32". With the radius rods normal to the cradle our trailing arms are short 1/2" from the manual. I would guess we had the rear cradle in and out at least 10 times.

The diagonals are within 1/8". The wheel base is out a little side to side which we will fix by shimming one of the FCA. This should help the diagonal.Would like to get diagonal <= 1/16"

We have the power and drive installed and level. This necessitated building a new top plate for the tunnel to get the shifter location correct (3550 to T5). The tunnel had already been powder coated and the aluminum panels really take a beating with all the heat so we just built a new top plate.

I opted to have Jim build a set for an FIA. It greatly simplifies my life. I took a look at the pedal box and realized the whole thing comes apart quite easily. We have a new vertical link modeled in CAD to replace the gas pedal. From there a horizontal link to the Tilton pedal will have it all connected. The Tilton gas pedal has a threaded stop built in so it should be quite simple to get the linkage and throttle plates calibrated.

I have a set from Red Line for sale - PM if interested.

Weighed it => 2047 Close to where I need to be, but a little heavier than I hoped for at this stage. The magnesium wheels are still good for 40 lbs and maybe 15 out of the exhaust - I was hoping to be at 2000 as it sits. Stuff missing - hood, rack, front stabar, water, cooling system panels, wiring.

Ride height, camber, caster, toe set. FCA are flat.

I can't believe it is back on its tires. Still a round of suspension left.

Lastly - installed the inertia switch