Old 09-01-2016, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSnaka View Post
RedHawk,
Do you know who the manufacturer is of your upper control arms. They look just like mine only mine are black. More important I am still hunting for the correct replacement ball joint. I have been around and around without success. Ready to buy new arms and say screw it.

John
Heidts and they came as raw uncoated steel. I had them powder coated red to match car.

Will be finished....well thats a relative term I know, but finished for now. I had to drop the motor to fit headers but that a good thing because new mounts are actually stronger.

Only thing though is alignment. Going to be interesting because tie rods are maxed out on one side. Going to have to add additonal threads to make it work.

I also cant say I'm thrilled with the stance. To be fair it still was being supported by lift just not very much. The front is sitting a little higher than before but it could be that everything needs to settle down a bit. Kinda like when a girl gets a boob job and they are high up on her torso but after awhile the swelling goes down they tend to sit down perfectly. (too much detail?)

It may be wishful thinkiing but we'll have to wait and see. Worst case I have to reweld a new location to achieve desired look.

Pictures to follow sometime this weekend.

Last edited by RedHawk; 09-02-2016 at 08:18 AM..