View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Wow, what a huge weekend.

Where to start.
I volunteered as a scrutineer for Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, long days but worth every second of it.

As a scrutineer I got to see just about every single car and there was some beauties there.
Wednesday night was pretty much local Alice Springs entries only, with approx 185 cars scrutineered that night.
Thursday saw the opening for all other entrants, all entries nominated a time slot and this system worked fantastic, with 35 cars to each 1 hour time slot.
Follwong are some of the cars that stood out for me (and I had time to get a pic)
One of the first cars I scrutineered Thursday morning was last years Burnout champ.

Soon followed by what is me the peak of Hotrods, Blown big block Willy (Hemi would have made me turn into jelly)

A mate from Darwin bought his little toy down. Dave picked up best engineered for this one.
This is the last show for this car before it is converted back into a quarter mile pounder.

Then just for variety, we had a 1967 (same as Mildred) Corona ute, the owners being an older couple in there mid 80's This car picked up Best restorted.

This was the standout car for me, but he never competed in driving events so could not win Grand Champion, he did however pick up a number of trophies including the Publics vote as Peoples choice.

This "thing" (for want of a better phrase) was built by the local Tafe team. It (like all other cars) was given a permit to cruise the streets.

Love the rego plate on the Hilux.

Pantstera.

7 second street car.

Some of the burnout boys.

Sadly no matter how much we tried on Thursday, Killa B was just too loud (115dB cutoff) he blew the meter to max (121+) at idle.

His mate MadSam managed to pass at 114.9dB.

More permits.

I loved this little beetle.

This genuine car has been in a shed in Alice for over 20 years.

Little Starlet, has a motor in front and back, 2 gearboxs driving each pair of wheels, can remove a leaver in cabin to run just the front engine (rear box in neutral) or link them up and both selector work together, one pedal controls both accelerators, and one pedal controls both clutches.

Friday lunchtime, KillaB made it back, got a quiet test in then this weird stuff fell out of the exhaust.

My centre caps for Mildred arrived Friday arvo after leaving Osaka on Sunday.

All polished and waxed on Friday night.

I arrived at showgrounds early to help set up our car clubs parking area with tents and banners etc.
And I got a tap on the shoulder that the judges wanted Mildred in the Elite car shed.
So parked her inside for the weekend.

Some other shed cars.

These looked good out in the sun, Husband and wife drove down from Darwin.

Snapped some 60's race cars together.

Mates car cruising the streets.

And Mildred picked up a trophy.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.