View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
A long story short this Cobra dropped in my lap. A Classic Roadster, with a real 427 Side Oiler. It's 80% completed (Paint, and int). The story in it self, is a once in a lifetime chance.
Welcome Tom! Ken Miles - What a cool experience that would have been, for any kid...

Funny- Your introduction to Classic Roadsters mirrors mine (with the car just falling into your lap- mine had been under a car cover, in a garage, for the past 10+ years, suffering from terminal computer/engine management gremlins which prevented it from running for more than about 20 minutes at a time)

Yours is in the perfect state of completion, in my opinion - Nothing left but to add except all the styling and detail touches that will make it your own...

The ClassicRoadster community here is really strong with solid tech guys- One of them is even an "Original owner, and 2nd time builder"- Rob Gray in Florida is tearing his car back down after over 20 years of ownership, and is re-doing the whole car with updated brakes, suspension, etc.

and, of course, Ed Combs, the immortal "Double Venom" who has been a fixture in the ClassicRoadster community since the early 90's is still around, and is still the poster boy behind the immortal question "Why can't a Cobra have a V10...?"

Enjoy the ride - It's just getting started...