View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Alfa,

Welcome to the insanity ward! Lebotomies or Electric shock therapies are performed daily.

If you ever need any input or feedback, let me know, I'd be happy to help. I don't have all the answers as there are many variations to completing CRs, but will convey what works for me. All of the other forum members (Classic Roadsters II) are also extremely helpful to me.

My story:
Over 30 years ago I started in this crazy Automotive business as a bodyman at a Ford Dealership in the Chicago area. After 6-7 years as a bodyman, I was recruited by one of the major Automotive Coatings manufacturers to join them. I worked for Sherwin-Williams Automotive for 25 years(first as a Sales Rep, then escalated to various management positions, and finally as Marketing Director for my final 8 years with the company. A good friend of mine in the industry recruited me away from SW to join ITW Evercoat about 5.5 years ago as a Sales Executive (we make many of the products you're probably familiar with..Rage, Metal Glass, Fiberglass Resin, matting etc.)

I got involved with all the body and paint work on a CR Sebring MX build with a friend of mine back in 1989 that ended up on the cover of Kit Car magazine (sometime in late 1989) and it got me hooked

I built an original CR1 427(looks like the same body chassis you have)back in 1990 for my brother. He purchased all the parts, kit, etc....and I did all the assembly, body and paint. He drove it for the last 26 years and due to his business growing, didn't have time for it anymore. I bought the car back from him in late February and am currently doing a full body off, tear down to bare frame rebuild, suspension upgrade, brake upgrade, everything upgrade including new paint color and scheme. If you need any help, let us know.

My only problem is that I reside in the Cleveland Ohio area in the summer (where the car is located) and in Ft Myers, FL in the winter, so the time I have for my rebuild is limited to the summer months. I'm trying to get the all the suspensions upgrades done before my wife and I head to FL for the winter. I'll be suffering from withdrawals all winter this year thinking about all the car stuff I could be working on. My overall plan is to try to complete everything by October 2017 and then take the car to Florida permanently as my Winter FL toy.

Reach out, we'll all do whatever we can to help you complete your build. For all of us doing build work, some days are definitely better than others. Keep calm, have a beer, and attack again when your head clears after a bad day.