View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

** EDIT - After typing out all the stuff below, I remembered that I still have my original Classic Roadster sidepipe mufflers taking up space out in my shed - If you want to return your car's sidepipes to exactly the way they used to sound and perform, then send me a Private Message, and I'll make you a KILLER deal on these **

If you want similar noise volume levels to what you had with the original CR mufflers, and also want to free up some Horsepower, Order a pair of Flowmaster Slimline sidepipe mufflers - These are the quietest, free flowing sidepipe mufflers you are going to find.

watch this vid for some sound clips:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlDiQkWNhIY[/ame]

The ClassicChambered Cobrapacks are glasspacks, but they utilize a proprietary inner baffle design which improves flow- But they still sound like a glasspack - They will be lower pitched than the CR mufflers were under part throttle (more bass, less treble), and even with fiberglass packing, they are going to scream loud (90dB+) under WOT (My original ClassicRoadster mufflers tested at 80dB under WOT conditions)

Regarding re-tuning your EFI... it's possible that the WOT speed density tables would need to be richened up a bit, but probably not. For part-throttle cruise and idle conditions, your O2 sensors will allow the computer to re-adjust itself.

Last edited by moore_rb; 09-09-2016 at 03:10 PM..