View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootnride View Post
Jones Exhaust also makes pretty much the same muffler as the Classic Chambered. They are available through Summit Racing. I put a set on my car and they seem to be fine.

If you weld in new mufflers, the remaining ceramic coating has to be stripped and and the sidepipes re-coated.

You may have to do a little carb re-tuning if you install new less restrictive mufflers. If you're going to the trouble and expense of cutting, welding and re-coating, you might as well put in some good low restriction mufflers.

Ted
Agree- I'm also using 24 inch Jones mufflers on my converted sidepipes, but I didn't mention them because the original poster suggested that sound levels were a concern for him; and both the classic chambered cobrapacks, and the jones glasspacks are both pretty loud when you stand on the throttle.

But I totally agree that in terms of cost and performance gain, Jones glasspacks are the absolute best "bang for the buck" option available.

The correct 30 inch Jones muffler to use with a 302 EFI engine would be number A4530B, with a 2-1/4 inch core:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-a4530b