View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk View Post
So I took the car to the other shop today and the tech and I spent a healthy amount of time dialing in the suspension. It was clearly off, but for now we got it in fairly acceptable specs What was confirmed, however, was that the shop that did the original work did not do the necessary leg work in determining the correct parts to achieve the desired result.

One last item. If you were just starting this project, would you use the Heidts stuff again? Reason is, I called them on Friday on this narrower geometry issue and they said they talk with their engineer and call me back at 2pm. Well, never heard from them.

When I called them yesterday morning, I got the same CSR on the phone and he said "Oh, I remember you, sorry I didn't call you back on Friday but I did talk with our engineer and he doesn't know what would be causing this narrowed ball joint width".

I'm no suspension engineer, but I can tell you this. There is only ONE WAY that the lower ball joint width is narrower and that is if the control arms themselves are narrower...Period!