View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Cycleguy,

Yes, you are correct, they make both. My problem is I ordered "std" width, confirmed this with them on the phone and again when I noticed the issue with ball joint width being 1" narrower. I even sent them a picture with a tape measure and both of my lower arms side by side. OEM vs. Heidts tubular. The tubular are 1/2 inch shorter(narrower) and they are confirmed to be the "std" heidts arm lengths.

I don't have a problem with going narrower, I will be ordering new Vintage Wheels Halibrand replicas eventually.

I just don't want to run out of tie rod threads (on the narrow side, since the inners can only be cut so much). I think this may be Redhawk's problem as well. I'm also not sure why this is the first time I've seen this on the forum as the Heidts stuff is great and has been used on CRs for years! Unless something else is driving this issue.

This would require me to source new inner tie rods and a mess that I particularly don't want to have to fix. I'm probably going to replace the 26 year old Rack and Pinion unit, will mostly look into it when I'm at SEMA this year for business.