View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Engine: FE428 running Holley Street Avenger on an Edelbrock manifold.

Getting frustrated trying to work out whats needed here, need some help here please.
Seems some forums are saying i need dual throttle return springs? Diversity of views on how to mount these (need to buy some first).

I see some brackets are commercially available, but which ones? they all seem designed for autoboxes. Also been told I could just make one up from a piece of angle.

I'd like to install an assembly that wont need re-jigging once I get the turkey pan fitted - its off atm so I can fiddle with carb setting at a later date if needed.

Any knowledge and pics requested, please - have never owned a Holley carb before, so I'm on a learning curve!!
Same carb and similar manifold setup on mine, albeit no turkey pan. I used a bracket and dual spring combo, basically the same as the Lokar SRK-4000 ( https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/lok-srk-4000 ).

The slotted hole fits over the rear left carb stud, on top of the carb base, and is secured by the nut. The tiny little set screw is to adjust the angle of the bracket to get it square (and hopefully keep it there). The top hole is for the throttle cable. You can see how the dual springs mount, just outside the throttle cable with the springs connecting to the throttle arm assembly on the carb. This s/b narrow enough to fit inside your turkey pan.