View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well every cloud can have a silver lining I guess! I'm pulling the engine out over the Bathurst weekend and was telling Richard, the owner of HGT Precision gearboxes I wont make the Cobra Nats sadly and he sent me back an email to tell me....

"Hi Matt, extensive real time testing has shown the new gearboxes have a their weakest part fail at 732ftlbs - we have done the analysis and sorted the issues. So we are sending you a new one that has this issue rectified. We will cover all costs - it needs to be right."

I was the 2nd in Oz to commit to the GB and cant say anything BUT WOW. Talk about standing behind your product. With the engine coming out it wont be a real issue for me and I just cant believe how good these guys are. I know for most this GB is of no use to them in street applications but gee its nice to sing a suppliers praise!

We all often get stuck in the rut about how our expectations aren't me when it comes to service and supply but I cannot fault these guys.

So 2017, will be brand new engine and brand new GB. Hmm perhaps I wont go and solve the worlds problems after all!