View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickieb49 View Post
To be honest, these engines are too big or this scale mate, maybe when I do a corvette, GT40 and a Monaro I may look more into the little car engine idea. The bike motors are compact and give way more ponies that the appropriate sized car donks.
regards mick
NOW I understand your desire to use 'Busa motors...I recently watched an episode of "ToyMakerz" on TV's "Velocity" channel in which a 3/4 size full-on F1 type racer was powered by a 1441cc 'Busa engine...never seen any engine rev up as fast as that one did and it was so powerful that I doubt any size rear tires would have maintained traction.

I've always had a vision of a "large" go-kart with a powerful motor in it...of course, I was always envisioning automotive engines...that "toy" featured on that episode of "ToyMakerz" would be the epitome of my dream toy. It would be incredibly expensive, though...but WHAT A TOY !!!!!

Cheers!!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!