View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 65 AC replica, 408 stroker
Send a message via Skype™ to Pmiller176
Not Ranked     

Guys, have a scouting report for you all. This past weekend we had 17 Vipers and 30 people make the run. There's a lot more gravel, dirt, pine needles, rocks etc on the road than when we ran in mid July. So heads up. We had two incidents. 1) Yours truly hit a 5 inch or so rock and caught the sidewall of right front tire...3-4 inch gash and tire toasted. Got a spare from one of the other cars and limped ahead. But another member came into a hairpin too hot, got into some pine needles and slammed into the mountain. Front end trashed, frame bent, likely a total loss. Fortunately for me I took one of his tires and was back in business Sunday morning for the ride down salt river canyon. Moral of the story is to be alert, when the sun's in your eyes you don't see the rocks until you're tire's destroyed. And there's enough debris around that you can get some serious push into some of the tight corners. So have fun but be safe.

BTW it'll make you all smile to know a string of about 12 Vipers blew past the pricks from the Porsche club in one the straight sections in the high meadows (not Hannigan's but earlier) doing about 155 to the Porsche's 110 or so. Our guys loved it! Porche jerks not so much...