View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Redhawk,

The rear rotors are missing the center rotor indexing bushing. This is an aluminum bushing that slips on the axle before the rotor is slipped on. This bushing centers the rotor on the axle helping to reduce/eliminate runout while braking, otherwise only the threads of your lugnuts are controling runout. Runout during braking may create a chatter effect during hard braking. Take a look at your rear brake kit instructions, if you don't have the instructions I can forward you a scanned copy. You'll see these on the top of page 2 of the instructions. One size came with the kit for the most common Ford Axles. I had to order a set from Wilwood as my axles were not the most common size. They only take 2 mins to install and I would definitely order or install the correct ones. Take a close look at the picture I posted previously of the side shot of my Wilwood install. The silver ring around the center of the axle at the rotor is the aluminum rotor indexing bushing.

Also, not sure why your toe-in is wrong, but looking at your previous pics I can see you are way in on the tie rod threads. I have over 1.25 inches left on each side of mine.

Difficult to tell from the pictures, are there 2 sleeves welded on that the A-Arm 5/8 bolt runs through?

Make sure these support sleeves that came from heidts with the lower arms are there. The sleeves are installed to put the arms in lateral compression (squeezing in from side to side). The rear bracket they made and installed is great, however only limits the a-arm lateral spread, not compression.

Take a look at the center of the crossmember where the A-Arm bolt runs through, is there a sleeve (about 1" diameter) welded in between the crossmember?

The heidts arms come with 2 sleeves for each arm, a shorter one that gets welded between the crossmember mounting and a longer sleeve that is welded on between the rear of the crossmember and the rear mounting point. These are important as they provide for constant compression of the lower a-arm and keep the mounting points stable.

Without these sleeves the rear bracket they installed only limits outward travel of the A-Arm pivot points and does not limit or provide for inward compression of the bushings. Also, these sleeves place the bushings in compression making the A-arm more stable.

I'll send pictures later today.