View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I'm the third owner.

Intake was sucking oil in. Found heads were not tapped deep enough on the end holes, and bolts were bottoming out. A 0.005 feeler would slide under the bolt heads. Tapped heads, port matched intake while it was off, installed studs with stainless nut capped with Acorn nuts.

Removed oil pan and welded a factory pin hole. Added a wind-age tray while it was off.

Converted headers/side pipes from a slip joint to flanges.

Made adjustable links and replaced originals, so I could adjust pinion angle.

Rebuilt center section on 9" rear end, changed ratio, and replace wheel bearings. Short sentence for a lot of work and time.

Changed fuel gauge and mounting - old leaked fumes. Found tank rusty. Acid cleaned it and coated the inside. I drew up plans to make a new tank if the coating doesn't hold. Next tank will be welded aluminum.

Battery in trunk, was grounded to frame at rear. Engine grounded to frame in front. This put 500 amp through the frame, when starter was engaged. Ran a ground cable from the battery to the engine. Voltage was dropping under 10 when cranking, now it is above 10.5.

Presently working on tuning EFI, after changing Filter, ducting, and Mass Flow Meter and its location.