View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74proii View Post
So being my first time getting a cobra kit, there will be tons I will not know. So I purchased an unbuilt kit bought back in the 80's, and was never gotten around to. So After some board sniffing around I have a few questions. How do you know if it is a CR or CRII. Is it the wheelbase? I know specifics would be needed. However my body still is in flashing state, with only one door cut out, no gas cap depression on the fender. No roll bar, supposedly has longer wheelbase/ increased leg room. Did al the frame designs for the new kit get resolved. Would my frame be helpful? Having problems loading pics.
If it was bought in the '80s it will be a CR - CRII didn't come along until July 2003 when Don Scott bought the company from its previous owner(s). CR & CRII have the same wheelbase - the difference is CRII was produced under the new ownership and there were some changes / improvements made to the car but that didn't include any change to the WB.

As to photos, get a free account on Photobucket, post your photos there and post links to those photos on CC.

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing