Thread: Cobra Nats 2016
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

For a number of reasons, I nearly didn't make it to the 23rd Nationals this year, and practically finished building my Pace in the pit garage!

Massive thanks to Craig, Wazza and Steve from Absolute Pace who were really supportive over the weekend. Craig and Steve jumped right onto my car to help me diagnose a sticky handbrake caliper that caused me to spin on Turn 2. Ended up being a simple adjustment to centre the caliper over the rotor. Very much appreciated Pace providing me a pit lane garage too which enabled my 9yo son Liam to come with me and be involved with the event. He enjoyed himself so much that he is already pumped to come next year!

Big thanks also to Guy and Brent for generously lending me their tools (and Guy's overalls), John White for lending me a jack, stands and oil tray and Jeff Taunton and Mick for lending me some other tools. Thank you too BJ for the use of your gloves.

The NSW Cobra Club put on an awesome event and although marred by terrible weather on the Fri/Sat, we ended up being gifted with a pearler of a day on the Sunday. Thanks to all the volunteers too that made the weekend awesome for all. It was great to be able to put a lot of faces to their forum names! And the camaraderie among everyone there was fantastic.

Cheers,
Sime

My car is far from being completed but we made it!