View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Home built, supercharged 544cu/in automatic
Not Ranked     

Don - Glad you like my camshaft. I had Comp detune it a bit though with HMMMMMM, well you know. Ed, Don has touched on my first thoughts, that you may have too much headwork for that stock displacement engine. Seems the conversation went the way of the camshaft and thats minor in my opinion, simi easy to change. Another concern I have is the rods. 460's have problems there and I hope they are not the stock rods and bolts. I know you will have to drop the pan but a look in there just may save your customer and our future friend untold future grief.
As for the massive headwork issue , if it indeed is overkill the bottom end horsepower will still probably be O.K. for a Cobra . No, make that good for a Cobra. Anyway, Jegs just up the street from you sells Scat cranks of the 4.3 inch variety and that more than anything will wake up those heads. For the price of those cranks they are the bargain of the year.
I haven't had a chance to talk to the engine builder yet here in Indy, but by the way you described those heads I'd bet a $20 bill I know who did the headwork. And yes, they are very, VERY good. If a bit salty in price too.
cobrashoch