View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

I would love to see the Cobras keep the Nationals for mostly just the Cobras and the usual few "others" that usually belong to people linked to the Cobra fraternity.

I.e. two days, Friday and Saturday at Wakefield Park, kept for the Cobra Nationals...and let the Sunday be used and paid for by another club.

What I'm saying is that rather than trying to "get the numbers up" for the Friday and Saturday at Wakefield park, by including other clubs/car types....
I'd LOVE to see us get the numbers up by getting more Cobras.

All we need is for as many of the Cobras out there,to get along to the Nationals...
we always had over 100 get there , and I'm confident that if we make the event really attractive "they will come"

The Cobras would then gather on the Sunday, and perhaps have other clubs be part of that day, and take part in the show and shine/street parade/200 Klm. run/ lunch.

I'm not optimistic about mixing Ferrari / Porsche clubs with the Cobra Nationals on the Friday Saturday....

LOVE those cars....but my experience over the years has been that these Marquee clubs are not impressed by our "replicas", and tend to keep to themselves.

But the Sunday could be like the Cooma "Surf to Summit" that I'm taking part in during November.... Like 150 mixed cars all enjoying a show and shine/ street parade/beautiful drive/ lunch.

Looking forward to an invigorated and refreshed Nationals ....very keen.

Some quick mathematical calculations/ estimates show how "selling" the Sunday , and charging the Natinals entrants less for doing the same amount of track time compressed into the two days, could really make a difference.

If we could expect the numbers to get back to what they were only a few years ago, by making the whole event more interesting,and much better value for money ,could see something like the following.

Currently 50? entrants paying $550 ? =$27,500 with a track costing $40,000 = behind by $12,500

Maybe 110 entrants paying $395 ?? =$43,450 with a track cost @ $30,000 = in front by $13,450

That's an approximate "swing" of $26,000 !!

That $13,000 surplus could be used to make the whole weekend much better....we could afford to throw a fair bit back into things like maybe a lunch included in the Sunday run, and this then would justify a reasonable "entry fee" for any other clubs/ cars to take part in the day.

We'd still get the money from major and minor sponsors etc., and you can see how much easier it would be for the NSW club to make a bit of a profit,rather than scratching to cover costs every year.

That would be great.

Again,
Not accurate figures....but it gives you the broad idea.

Cheers,
Warren

Last edited by Wazza; 10-07-2016 at 07:47 PM..