View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_rb View Post
I knew you would love the performance gain. How about the sound and volume levels? Did they meet up with your expectations as well?
I only have one fairly short impression for the new sound and volume levels. I took the car for the 15 minute test drive and then pulled the pipes to send off to get them re-coated with the ceramic shiny stuff.

The sound at idle is now lower pitch, so more bass sounding. It's certainly quieter than the sound after the ruptured baffle and I think quieter than the original CR1 muffler. It's not too quiet though, so about right for a Cobra.

The sound at WOT, well it still sounds V8 healthy and I doubt I could pass the sound check on the Laguna Seca back/uphill stretch with the throttle down. But it sounded quieter than the straight pipe I had. On the test drive, I was on country roads so I don't yet know how it sounds with the exhaust bouncing back off concrete barriers. That's the true test for the daily commute driving

I do like that the mufflers run cooler now. After the test drive, I was able to put my hand on the muffler momentarily without getting burned. I would never of attempted that with the old mufflers. Even getting close to the old mufflers right after shutdown could raise a blister. The external part of the muffler was not too hot even though the mild steel before and after it turned blue.