View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Nats 2017 and onwards

Guy's,

A very relevant thread, I have been talking to Wazza and Kim about exactly this subject..............

From a purely Victorian perspective the following issues have been the main reasons for no-shows to the last few Nats.

1. Cost
2. Time
3. Dont want to race my car

I am sure the other Presidents have heard the same reasons.

The Victorian club has always been light on entrants based on total numbers compared to QLD who I see as the best comparison as they have to travel a similar distance. We average 15 entrants in a club of 140 financial members with a high of 22 a few years ago. The ratio is quite small, but we can get 30 cars booked for the Alpine Run in a week (similar cost and time). But the other half is able to attend without getting bored Sh***** at a race track .

So how to make the event more viable..........

Option 1. I agree with the 2 day track option, but I would think the Sat/Sun would be the better option as Friday is just practice. Friday can be the S & S and lunch cruise?

Option 2. Biennial, not the best option as we would lose the Long Weekend Date for good.

Option 3. Inviting OTHERS would be the last resort IMO.

Option 4. Sponsorship, its great to have and really appreciated but it will never be enough to offset the track cost increases and add-ons.

For those people offering their opinions and support its great, but remember that the people organising the events are volunteers from different backgrounds and they all have full-time jobs. I have been involved in the Shelbyfest Commitee for a number of years and it takes a lot of time to organise the event that is a third the size of the Nationals.

There are far greater minds out there than mine so I'm sure the event can continue and prosper.

Rohan