View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford

twobjshelbys
Thanks for the reply. Oh, I've been searching. Believe me. I'm considering trading my beloved Cobra, which I've owned since 1998, for a GT. It'd be like giving up an old friend. Cobras are very simple cars which I have found have few major issues, and those that do crop up are fairly easy to remedy. GT40s are a much more complicated vehicle, with a lot more to go wrong.

My observation on sites like the one you suggested (which I have searched extensively) is that many of the owners don't have enough experience with the cars to objectively critique them, or are unwilling to talk about any problems publicly. Since the Superformance GT is factory built, and the drivetrain install is typically done by a dealer, a lot of the owners just don't have the hands-on experience building them that the Cobra community does. I was hoping the crew here at Club Cobra might share some of the negative experiences about the brand vs only the good. I'm not saying that the Superformance cars are bad. Just the opposite. I'm thinking of trading my baby for one. But I also know from reading the forums that there were upgrades and fixes developed over time and I hoped someone who was familiar with the brand might be able to distill the changes down to something I could understand and look for when evaluating a car for sale.