View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer

OK,

The "egress" issue is less than some think. I am overweight and have a bad knee and I stopped even taking the removable steering wheel off when entering and exiting. The answer is you just stand on the seat and drop in. Reverse to exit. The standard seat material is Alcantara and it is bulletproof! We have had over 100 people in and out at outdoor shows and when done just lift the seat out and brush it off. Also while the seats do not move, the pedals are adjustable. Now it is not a "handy knob" adjustment, it take tools, scratches on your arms and an hour, but you can do it. You can also set the pedals "down" for a tall driver and then shim the seat forward with a block of foam.

As to the build out, if you don't want to do your own, Olthoff is THE way to go. However I have had several customers do their own installs and between the help we can supply, the knowledge from Olthoff (I strongly suggest purchasing items like the bellhousing, etc. from Olthoff, the price is right and the support is well worth a few dollars) you will be able to do the job. The GT40 build out is pretty straight forward and most home shops will be able to handle all but the Air Con charging and the alignment. Some fab work on the hoses, etc. is needed but well within the scope of a weekend mechanic.

I can put you in touch with a customer who did his own install and he can tell what was involved. He had a few extra issues to work around as he got one of the first GT40s after there had been a production lapse due to the economic collapse and the crew at the factory was green. This is several years past and we rarely have any issues and in fact most of the GTs we have delivered have never had a warranty claim.

Call anytime, we will be glad to answer any questions. And I will be honest to the point of talking you OUT of purchasing a GT40. I did that with a Porsche owner who did not understand the difference between "waterproof" and "water resistant"!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/