View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post
I appreciate all these replies. A number of our members "go both ways" and own a GT40 as well as a Cobra. I hoped some of them would chime in, and they have. Thanks!

I definitely will sit in and drive the car. I'm 6' and 200 lbs, so fitting in may be an issue. I wonder how far the pedals can be moved to increase leg room? The car does have a Gurney bubble, so head room may not be a problem. We'll see. I'll bring my helmet.

There are a lot of threads on gt40s.com dealing with waterproofing. I will ask the owner what has been done to this particular car to seal it from the elements. But in the end this wouldn't be a deal breaker for me as I don't plan to drive it in the rain. With the Cobra, I have learned to check the weather radar app on my phone before driving any distance.

This car's owner has told me that the car had an issue with the ammeter overheating. This has been fixed. Are there other electrical issues to be aware of?

I have two sets of 15x8 and 15x10 6-pin Trigo wheels for my Cobra. If I keep one of the sets, will they fit the GT40?

Cobras with fuel cells have been experiencing problems due to the foam in the cell degrading over time. Do the fuel tanks in a SFP GT40 have the same foam in them?
The wheels will fit if they are six pin drive wheels.

There is no foam in the SPF GT tanks, they are stainless with baffles, no foam so deterioration is not an issue.

The pedals have a 4-5" inch adjustment range and they can also be "tilted" slightly forward by adjusting the pushrods to gain a little more room. You need to pull the front clip and unscrew the cowl access panel cover (easy to do) to really see where the pedals are set.

The ammeter has most likely had the "fix" to read properly. The other major electrical item is the relay pack for the A/C fan switch. Without the relays the switch will overheat and blow the fuse when you most need A/C...ask me how I know! Most all chassis' have had the upgrades. If you PM or email me with the chassis number I can tell what should be done to the car.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 10-13-2016 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: added