View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

Just an update after this autocross season. I found that staying in 1st gear even if hitting the chip at the end of some long straights was faster than 2nd gear. I am able to drive my car harder with Avons compared to last year. I would like to have the broader range of the 2nd gear but that would mean 4.10s which would render 1st useless on the street and 5th on the highway driving to the events a slow trip. I'm stuck because I have a dual purpose car. 3.55 and 3.73 would do nothing but ruin 1st for the autocross and not give me enough for 2nd. I'm hitting the chip at 55mph and 6700rpms so I'm good on tight courses. I think I'll be good in 2nd for the long airfields. I'll let you know. I need more seat time anyway. It's fun for sure.