View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wonder if the 50 odd entries that participated in the Nats this year would swap the track event experience for a total non track touring event like Craig and Tom suggest?

The Nats has in the past offered touring packages for those not wanting to do track stuff but still enjoy the dinners, S&S and touring around Canberra wineries etc etc and my understanding is that it was really poorly attended. So while the touring option in years passed has been offered, its not been embraced which may suggest those people who want to just tour don't turn up to support the part of the Nationals program that's been created for them??? Dunno.

Its no secret I love the roundy roundy of WP and Im all for keeping it there. But I love seeing more people attend whether it be touring or track as it just creates a much better vibe and in turn the enthusiasm grows. Its not to say I couldn't personally do a touring type event with my other car but I wouldn't as I enjoy the track too much and if it went that way I would invest my time and dollars into other things. For me its about a $5k holiday for me only once I include food, fuel, tyres etc etc. I can take my entire family to Bali for 2 weeks for that and have change left over. And for us Dads Cobras are 2 seaters so anyone with tinlids are eliminated. So even if I wanted to tour I couldn't/wouldn't.

Whatever direction is taken its not going to totally please everyone. The trick is to try and get the balance right and encourage attendance from both sides of the fence to make for a great annual event but it will require both sides of the touring/track ledger to support it.

Last edited by spookypt; 10-18-2016 at 08:40 PM..