View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 12:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

I can’t comprehend why anyone would want to own one of these cars and not want to experience it on the track or join a club.

On the track, sure it’s a bit confronting at first while you get accustomed to everything but members of the committee that run the dummy grid do a fantastic job in placing you within your heat with similar skilled drivers and there is no better way of improving your skills than chasing someone who is just that little bit quicker and we all know its great fun. Prospective drivers should have no real cause to fear being intimidated by the experience.

Maybe the decline in racers is just due to the fact that the pimply kid that lusted after a cobra back in the late sixties is unfortunately now about seventy years old and most are not interested in racing anymore. Realising that generation’s dreams of owning a cobra and or driving a cobra on the track probably peaked a few years ago.

I think the Nationals is a great event and experience and it probably can’t be everything to everybody, as Andrew and probably others have said the NSW club have plenty of other social outings. Maybe a poll would be interesting but I’m guessing most people that don’t attend would probably just say that life gets in the way.
Like Spook has said maybe we just need to try harder and motivate all owners with cobras to attend and give it a go.