View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
I don't think Kirkham would want to confirm that this is one of their cars with the COB designation being stamped into it. That's my opinion of course.
The body seams are like fingerprints. Kirkham's steel forming jigs dictate the seam location and it's different than other coach makers.
However, I can not explain the lack of chassis number but we may never know why.
Larry
Why would Kirkham not respond to a question about one of their Kirkhams? Or a Cobra that's not a Kirkham? What's the downside. They could confirm this car is one of theirs quickly. Kirkhams are all replicas. They're not an original AC/Shelby Cobra. And we already know from Ned that it's not an AC/Shelby and we also know that the OP's car has no Kirkham VIN numbers ANYWHERE.

And the only number on the car is "666." So, it's the devil's car.

The OP's Cobra has no Kirkham markings and I don't remember anything in the Registry about cars leaving the Kirkham factory without a Kirkham marking/VIN. And that doesn't sound like Kirkham to me anyway, shipping an alloy body that can't be tracked.

There are many folks out there that are quite talented, certainly not me that's for sure. And there's no secret on how to scratch build an alloy body, since the recipe is online or I'm sure anyone can tour the Kirkham factory and learn directly from Kirkham.

Notwithstanding, based upon your postings, I will not eliminate the possibility that the OP's car could be a Kirkham. I just think the probability is extremely low.