View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

I have not been to a nationals, so my comments are based on no experience, however these past 5 pages or so are collating some great ideas and setting a foundation for future events.

As has been outlined already , some of the previous attendees have either sold, moved on, distance is to far and I am sure there is a host of other reasons like, been there and done it and moved on. Some may have got to the point that whilst they want to be competitive, with the year on year of uplift in results realise they just can't compete any more at the level that they want to.

So, if it's an increase of numbers that is sought, it appears that this may come from owners that have not attended a nationals before. Now along with transport, accomodation, car prep with tyres brakes etc and other associated costs, this starts to add up for a first timer.

Where I am getting at with this (unless it already exists) is 1/2 price (for example) entry for a first timer, being anyone who has not attended a nationals before. After all, this is the only part of the expense of a weekend that has the opportunity for discount. As the intent is to build the event with more participants, perhaps this is an incentive.

I remember attending my first Summernats as an entrant, it was a little daunting as I did not know what to expect for everything. It turned out to be an awesome weekend and I then participated in the next 4 without even giving it a second thought. Now I didn't start because of 1/2 price entry for first year, but to give it a go. So for an event the size of the nationals, perhaps this is that little carrot that leads to a commitment for a newby.

Also (and this may be currently undertaken), but how about a quality production for DVD for the weekend. A friend of mine runs a small video production business, he makes videos for JetSki nationals. He does it for the joy and only for accomodation expenses to be covered. He then has the right to sell videos for $20 for a 80 minute production to whoever is interested. Perhaps, for example, the entry had an automatic $25 fee, which includes the DVD with the additional $5 going to the club to assist with the covering off accomodation expenses.

Just a thought to throw into the mix.

Last edited by leroy17; 10-20-2016 at 03:44 AM..