Thread: Webers on a 460
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Charlie,

The IDF's are going to be much easier to tune than IDA's because they have some extra adjustment screws to get the flow over the sync even on all barrels...the IDA's don't have these.... you have to drill holes in the butterfly's to get the numbers even (well thats one way to do it)

I don't buy the 6 month thing...everyone I have talked to and gotten advice from (most of them running IDA's) is that you set them once and you really can almost forget about them...you just need to check them once in a while...

I don't know about gas milage but I can tell you when you run them rich you can fowl plugs really quick and you get some really cool flames out the pipes but the milage sucks!!!!

One of the best ways to set the mixture as I have been told is to actually use a pyrometer (sp). You basically warm the car up and then find a stretch of road....run the car up at full throttle and then just shut it down and and come to a stop....by running the engine up and shutting it down you can look at the burn on the plugs...pull them and find the one thats running correctly and record it....go home and put the pyrometer on the header pipe for that cylinder....adjust the mixture screws until all the headers read the same temp as the header that you recorded earlier.

I will let you know how well it works...oh and be careful on the heads....webers don't like exhaust leaks!!!!!!

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon

Last edited by 427Aggie; 05-17-2002 at 11:56 AM..