View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Quick Thought About the Tombstone/Bisbee Run

We started off with five Cobras from East BumScrew Mesa. (Ralphie, Kieth, Scottie, Dan & Adriana, and me). BobB drove his JAFM down the interstate, through Tucson and shaved about an hour off his dive, maybe more. We hooked up with him in Tombstone and then as we were eating lunch, AZ Mike and Jamie showed up, after getting a bit of a late start. Ralphie, Kieth, Scottie and I then took off for Bisbee and the others stayed in T'stone to explore and shop. Bisbee was very busy and difficult to find parking. We stayed maybe an hour and took off for Sierra Vista. I clocked just over 300 miles Saturday. The Sierra Suites Motel was excellent, totally clean, good freebie breakfast, very nice staff, and reasonably priced. Kieth took off early Sunday morning to get home to go to the Cardinals game, Ralphie, Scottie and I took off for Patigonia. I'd already done the Bisbee mine tour and the other two guys weren't interested. Our drive was on some excellent two lane roads through the gently hilly area and was really enjoyable. Did another 230+ miles today.

Glad all youse guys that stayed home to wax your cars, or what ever, didn't go. This way just a few of us got to totally enjoy all the great weather and scenery of those places we've rarely, if ever, been to. ha Aren't WE SPECIAL!

See y'all next Sunday at the Anniversary Party at Bondaurants. Hope we get a good turnout after Old Phart, Bill, has gone to so much work for us to get in there.