View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Bench racing and bragging about that extra 4-5% of additional power to weight ratio seems to be popular on this and a couple other forums I've frequented, but how many guys really need or could even tell the difference?
What, you could go from light to light .1 of a second faster? Your autocross times are better? Doubtful. Would your top end be more impressive? I doubt anyone here beyond a very select few would ever know the difference, or would be foolish to try to find the difference on the street. Track racing would be a complete different animal and not what is under discussion here, IMHO.

Admit it for what is is, ego and bragging rights and really nothing else. And the fact it raises the cars value only means there are lots of guys out there who need to boost their ego and bragging rights so they can inflate the conversation when they are bench racing.
I'm extremely happy with my stroked 351W (393) and 99% of people think it sounds just great and can't tell it from a 427 to look at it. No one looking at the car from the street or the outside will be able to tell if it has a 427 , 428, 302, or an LS for that matter. And to look under the hood only means a bit of bragging is going on.... I know, I've been there... I like to open my hood too once in awhile.....

Bob