Old 11-20-2016, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_rb View Post
I wasn't talking about you... I already knew why you chose an aluminum engine for your car... It fits a theme with your car's overall styling- I get that.

But Brent's original points are very valid- aluminum makes perfect performance sense for cylinder heads... but not engine blocks; unless weight is the most important factor to you (which it clearly must be to many, many guys out there)

- Not knockin, just sayin...

And yes- Until your car has a time slip from a drag strip, or a road course (or has generated a fist full of cash from an illegal Saturday night out on some road in boonies, sorry to say- You're a bench-racer.

But that's ok- I'm a bench racer, too... My best days throwing a car around a track are probably behind me... I can tell whenever I get a little punchy in my Cobra that my eyesight and my reflexes aren't what they were 15 years ago....

And I never said bench-racing wasn't fun
Not true. Brent does not like FE blocks because of the consistency in casting them. Every other aluminum block is fine. OEM blocks go over 100,000 miles easy with no problems. 90 percent of daily drivers use them. It's the quality of the FE blocks.