View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

Don't know much of anything but FWIW had a surprise when Rex Racing Engines dynoed refresh of engine out of Bennett car. When I took engine out of car and took it to them it was 427 cast iron block with mr cast iron heads. They had built engine 20 years ago and it made 450 hp with 1- 4 barrel carb on sidewinder intake. I have 2 extra sets of TWM 8 stack fuel injection setups so they suggested lets put one on and get rid of one four barrel setup. Engine had cast crank out of 428 so it was 454 cubic inches? I had billet crank setting in there shop already and had planned to put it in already. Surprise came when on dyno, it put out 357 hp a 3500 rpm and 532 lbs tq. tq climbed to 633 lbs at 4800 rpm and hp 658 at 5900 rpm. Big surprise because all aluminum shelby block and heads in csx car built by Kroyer Engines, 468 cubic inch, was not much different. 660 hp with 560 lbs tq. REx Engines suggested new Edelbrock heads on cast iron block so that what was used. I have to agree with post's by builders here that iron block seams way to go. Also have to say that I have had no trouble with leaks or engine built by Kroyer. Have set of dove mr heads if any one has interest and also 1 set of mr cast iron heads if someone has interest. Will keep two side oiler 427 blocks for what idk.