View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Yes, I start it religiously on a monthly basis. The fuel when stored is about 50% 110 octane with a can of Sea Foam in it. I have a custom made a removable heating pad that covers the bottom of the oil pan that I can preheat to oil for when temperatures are extreme (Jan-March) before starting it. I flip the heating pad on the day before I start the car...
I will have oil temperature registering in 2 or 3 mins even on the coldest days.
Car will run for 30+ mins. and till fans can cycle full temperature water thru the engine for a while. When oil temp will approach 100C you have removed all condensation in the engine, etc. After car cools down I have 2 foam NERF balls that I slip into the exhaust ends. Car comes home in early April. Been doing the same thing with the Porsche since I got it in the 70's. That car sits in storage almost year round these days....No other cars in and out of garage so no moisture in garage on floor. Starting it releases the constant pressure on the valve spring that are compressed.... And... I like to sit in the garage with the cars running and the door closed until i'm ready to pass out..... hahaha
Actually, usually shoveling snow, chipping ice, or picking up trash around yard while all this is happening...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net